General Insurance consists of insurance of Home, Travel, Property against fire, burglary etc, personal insurance such as Accident. There are various other covers which one can avail under the general insurance policies. Non-life insurance companies have products that cover property against Fire and allied perils, flood storm and inundation, earthquake and so on. There are products that cover property against burglary, theft etc. The non-life companies also offer policies covering machinery against breakdown.
General insurance or non-life insurance policies, including Personal and homeowners policies, provide payments depending on the loss from a particular financial event. General insurance is typically defined as any insurance that is not determined to be life insurance.
Not sure, which is the best cover or insurer for your needs? Just contact us at 0120-3890270 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Insurance is a type of property insurance that covers a private residence. It is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one's home, its contents, loss of use, or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home or at the hands of the homeowner within the policy territory. Home Insurance policy offers a cover to the structure and contents of your home from all unforeseen natural & man-made disasters. It provides shield for property and interests of the covered and his family members. It is authoritative that you secure your home which gives one peace of mind shielding the most valued possession.
Home insurance policies in India are property insurance that offers coverage against house damage or that of the stuffing inside. Separately from unauthorized entry, you can also get a protracted cover for accidents that may occur at home.
Benefits of Home Insurance
Home insurance offers several benefits to the policyholder. Having a Good Policy, you can have complete peace of mind regarding your property investment. You can take advantage of emergency repairs, the additional expenses of living outside your home in case of damage to property, or replacement of personal property, minus the hassles and minimum documentations. Also, the annual premiums involved are reasonably low in most cases so as not to put spare financial burden on the insurer.
- Loss to the residential building, household goods & personal effects - as per Fire Policy and Earthquake Risk which is either against house Building and its contents.
- Burglary & Housebreaking including larceny or theft (Contents only)
- Loss or damage to Jewellery, Valuables etc. due to accident or misfortune
- Damage to electrical appliances (refrigerator, mixer etc.) due to electrical or mechanical breakdown.
While there is a complete coverage for homeowners through home insurance policies, there are also various exclusions present, like these cover does not include radioactive contamination, or damage due to nuclear explosive equipment or for property or content damage that results from war, military activity.
Unimaginable circumstances aside, your home is sensibly safe with a good home insurance policy to provide backup in negative situations.
Travelling involves a lot of risk. Especially the Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization can be prohibitively expensive. Various travel policy covers you for all medical eventualities for just a fraction of the amount you would or else need.
Types of Travel Insurance Coverage:
- Domestic travel insurance
- International travel insurance
- Corporate travel insurance
- Student travel insurance
- Senior citizen travel insurance
- Family travel insurance
- Individual travel insurance
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses
- Covers you against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*
- Quick disbursement of claims
- Global expertise matched with local knowledge
- Innovative packages to match individual needs
Benefits of Travel Insurance
The customary doubts of recurrent travelers include lost passports, stolen bags, trips delay and cancelled flights. Such incidences can ruin the perfectly laid out plans immediately. Don’t let predictable events ruin the entire tour. Travel insurance is helps you when you are in need when emergencies occur, whether in your own country or in unknown territories.
- Flights/trains missed due to local protests/civil war.
- Expenses incurred due to local protests/civil unrest.
- Pre-existing conditions leading to hospitalization.
- Baggage delay that is less than 24 hours.
- Damage/loss of keys.
Accident is a undefined, mishap which can happen anytime and anywhere as it is not mandatory that one would have accident while driving a car, or away on a vacation. Bearing in mind that today’s modern day life is so dangerous, a personal accident policy is a solution to such situations of life.
- Accidental Death Benefit
- Accidental Permanent Total / Partial Disability Benefit
- Accidental Partial / Temporary Disability Benefit
- Burns, broken bones and Ambulance
- Medical expenses/ hospitalization charges
- Child education support
- Life support benefit
- Pre-existing disability or injury
- Child birth
- Suicide or self injuries
- Influence of intoxicants
- Committing a criminal act,
- Suffering from mental disorder
- Participating in naval, military, air force, adventurous or sports activities
Accident insurance can protect you and your family from the financial concerns such as loss of income and medical expenses that unexpected accidents lead to.
Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. This includes specialized forms of insurance such as fire insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance, home insurance, or boiler insurance. Property is insured in two main ways - open perils and named perils.
Open perils cover all the causes of loss not specifically excluded in the policy. Common exclusions on open peril policies include damage resulting from earthquakes, floods, nuclear incidents, acts of terrorism, and war. Named perils require the actual cause of loss to be listed in the policy for insurance to be provided. The more common named perils include such damage-causing events as fire, lightning, explosion, and theft.
- Fire Insurance covers for your office's structure and contents which are not only against the risk of fire but also other perils like lightning, flood, storm, earthquake, riots, terrorism etc.
- This policy covers property contained in business premises, stocks owned or held in trust against the risk of burglary. It also covers cash, valuables, securities kept in a locked safe or cash box in locked steel cupboard on specific request.
- The unexpected occurrences of Machinery Breakdown can damage machinery and cause expensive production delays or interrupt cash flow.
- Businesses handle cash, and bankers' drafts, making this form of insurance essential.
- Money in a safe or strong room outside business hours.
- This policy covers valuables like Jewelery, ornaments, paintings, work of art, and similar artifacts of sentimental values.
The policy provides cover on a wide basis and covers loss or damage due to fire, riot & strike, burglary, house breaking, theft and accidental loss or damage. Cover is not freely granted on account of its vulnerability to losses and moral hazard.
It is an Insurance that is used to cover damage to a property caused by fire. Fire insurance is a specialized form of insurance beyond property insurance, and is designed to cover the cost of replacement, reconstruction or repair beyond what is covered by the property insurance policy. Policies cover damage to the building itself, and can also cover damage to nearby structures, personal property and expenses associated with not being able to live in or use the property if it is damaged.
- Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorism Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation.
- Loss or visible physical damage to property
- Bursting/Overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipe
- Leakage from automatic sprinkle installations